Friday, March 19, 2010

1984

The book I chose to read was 1984. I thought that the book was a little difficult to understand and boring in the beginning but slowly picked up as I read. Winston and the other characters were constantly being watched by Big Brother. I don't know how I would react if I was constantly being watched and listened to. I would have to worry all the time about what I was saying and who I was around, it would be difficult to live a happy life. I liked that fact that Winston and Violet tried to go against Big Brother, even though they failed.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the book started out slow, but then picked up and became interesting. If i was constantly being listened to and watched i would be outraged and would want to revolt against Big Brother just like Winston did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to me as well the book started off slow. I began to like it more and more though. I read this book briefly when i was in high school but never really finished it. To actually read it this time and understand what was going on i began to appreciate the book more.

    ReplyDelete