Friday, March 26, 2010

Big Brother

The end of 1984 I thought was a lot more interesting than the beginning. I did not expect O'Brien to betray Winstong and Violet. Before Winston and Violet were turned in and sent to jail, they made a couple vows. One of the vows was that they would not deny eachothers love if they went to jail. In the end of the book they ended up denying eachother. I wish they wouldn't have but I feel in that type of situation where they were starving and pretty much dying, they almost had to. In the end Big Brother won, and Winston admitted that he loved Big Brother. I feel Winston only loved Big Brother because they pretty much brain washed him while he was in jail. Overall the book was okay, not really something that I would read for fun but the ending was good.

1 comment:

  1. "I feel Winston only loved Big Brother because they pretty much brain washed him while he was in jail."

    I agree with that statement. The people of Oceania were no doubt being brainwashed by big Brother. As i said in my post. I would never have put up with that communist totalitarianism society. I would have revolted.

    ReplyDelete