Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dumbest Generation

I do not agree with Bauerlein's statment made in the video we watched in class, that we are the dumbest generation. Just because we use technology does not mea we are dumb. It may mean that we are a lazy generation, but not a dumb one. Our generation has created many things such as the iphone of hybrid cars. These are only two of the many technological things that our generation has created. To create these things it takes a lot of intelliegence. I guess Baulerein's opinion would be based around what he means by "dumb". I feel that book smart, we are a very intelligent generation. Street smart maybe not so much. I bet forty years ago people knew how to make a fire. I know I would'nt even know where to begin to make a fire. I feel that before he calls our generation dumb he needs to make clear what he really means when he uses the word "dumb".

5 comments:

  1. Baulereins' is looking at our generation as a whole, just because a few inventors made the Iphone doesn’t make us smart as a whole in fact these inventions that a few intelligent people create may be making our generation dumb as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i feel the same way as nicole, that our generation has created some things that require a lot of intelligence. I think he should also, clarify what all is under the term "dumb".

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..I still do agree with Dr. B to a certain extent, but I do understand exactly what you guys mean. He does need to clarify what he means by dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed, we use the technology in a good way, not just for playing games and socializing. we use it so often for homework and school projects to find information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our generation is just starting in the workforce. Most of the inventors of the iphone and hybrid cars are in our parents generation. I believe that our generation will be ill equipt. Probably not dumb, but not as savy as our parents generation

    ReplyDelete